Crowdfunding for Fashion | CTF X Pozible
Have you heard? We've teamed up with the folks at Pozible, to bring you a crowdfunding platform specifically for the Australian textile & fashion industry. Thanks to everyone who made it out last week for the launch night and info session at St. Collins Lane, and to Darren Brown from Pozible and Nessie Croft from local label Corepret for talking us though the crowdfunding basics.
Darren from Pozible took us through the crowdfunding basics, what makes a successful campaign, and a look at their latest venture into equity based crowdfunding; Birchal.
Didn't make it? Not to worry, we've attached the presentation and Pozible's Crowdfunding 101 handbook below and some short video's to get you started. On the CTF X Pozible platform you'll also find tech support to help you with any Q's.
THE APPLICATIONS FOR FASHION
We see this as a real opportunity for our industry to connect to the right audience, build a community and raise funds. The applications of an industry specific platform like this are broad and we encourage you to be innovative in your approach to crowdfunding via the CTF x Pozible platform.
- Pre-sale model - Gauge demand, cover your costs before going into production, do market research by inviting your online community to give feedback in developing the product.
- Raise seed capital to get your business off the ground
- Build elements of your business to take it to the next level - new equipment, training etc.
- Promoting and executing events/launches - graduate shows, group & solo exhibitions, runways, collection launches, workshops etc.
- Collaborative sourcing of minimums for supplier orders
- Industry research projects
SOME TIPS FROM COREPRET
With a target of $5,000 they ultimately raised $5,200. So here are some tips from Nessie;
- Ensure you have an explicit promotional strategy in place prior to launch and over the course of the campaign
- Make use of your networks - a strong community of friends, family and those beyond play a big part in supporting the campaign
- Be consistent in reaching out to your audience so they remember you're there and that the campaign has a timeline - 3 posts daily is a good start, and a count down in the final days also helps build energy around the campaign
- It is hard! So stay positive through the highs and lows and focus on the target
READY TO GO?
To get your campaigns up and going head over to the website:
Thanks again for your interest, we look forward to growing the platform together and seeing your campaigns come to life!
If you're not already, you can stay in touch with the latest by subscribing to our newsletter >>